Featuring: Dr. Sam Cress, owner of Colony Dental
Dr. Sam Cress was about to give his practice away when he discovered dental sleep medicine, which re-invigorated him and sparked his passion. In this episode, Sam talks about the importance of this area of dentistry and why every dentist needs to know more about it. He also shares his own story of struggle and frustration that brought him to the point of wanting to quit, as well as what finally brought him out of that low point.
Listen in to hear how Sam was able to beat the odds after not starting out well in school and how he ended up getting through dental school in just three years. You’ll learn about obstructive sleep apnea and dental sleep medicine, airway conscious dentistry and airway health, and the key things you need to know to truly serve and help your patients.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What We Covered:
- Why Dr. Cress decided to go into dentistry.
- What led him to dental sleep medicine.
- How he finished dental school in three years.
- What led to him getting burned out after 15 years of dentistry.
- The importance of investing in your education—even after school.
- Why it’s necessary to look at the bigger picture with dental issues.
- What is so important about airway conscious dentistry.
- How doctors should start putting together their knowledge and training in occlusion and airways.
- What Dr. Cress’s course is like and what you can expect.
- Case studies and issues that can be avoided.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
You don’t learn squat in dental school. It’s called a practice for a reason. - Dr. Sam Cress Click To Tweet I don’t think there’s a finer place to invest your money than your own education. - Dr. Sam Cress Click To Tweet Full-mouth recon is very predictable, provided you follow the recipe. - Dr. Sam Cress Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Sam Cress: Site | Facebook | YouTube
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Clinical Mastery
- DS3 Experience
- itamar WatchPat
- Dr. Cress featured in Dental Sleep Medicine Insider