Featuring: Mindy Musselman and Emily Frisella of Food In Session
Welcome to the Rock the Drill podcast with your host, Dr. Chris Kerns. Every week, Chris will bring you honest and in-depth conversations with industry professionals, innovators, and forward thinkers to help you find true success in business and in life.
In this opening episode, Mindy Musselman and Emily Frisella of Food In Session join the show to share their tips for creating a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle. Listen in to hear how to incorporate eating well and staying fit into your day-to-day practice, quick and easy ways to prep nutritious meals, advice for navigating diets and supplements, and so much more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What We Covered:
- Recommendations for eating healthy and staying fit while running a busy office.
- Mindy and Emily’s go-to easy meal prep options.
- Why protein shakes are ideal and convenient for busy days.
- Steps to make Emily’s easy crockpot shredded chicken.
- How to make a quick and easy oatmeal breakfast overnight.
- Tips for figuring out which diet is best for you.
- Why there can be too much of a good thing with reaching your goals.
- What percentage of macros Mindy and Emily recommend for beginners.
- Their thoughts on KETO and intermittent fasting.
- Why KETO and intermittent fasting aren’t for everyone.
- The top five ingredients Mindy and Emily put in their shopping carts.
- Their favorite grocery stores.
- When to buy organic.
- The Dirty Dozen List of produce with the most pesticides.
- The benefits of buying local.
- What to know about supplements and how to know which ones are right for you.
- Advice for eating around workouts.
- Healthy ways to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- The healthiest sweetener options.
- Mindy and Emily’s best nutritional advice.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
If you are the owner of a practice, make your practice as healthy as you possibly can. Instead of having a vending machine there, set up a weekly fruit delivery. Make it a little bit easier on yourself. - @MindyRD Click To Tweet Shopping local—not just in your own town or state, but actually in your region—will also help with the nutritional benefits. [email protected] Click To Tweet We don’t get a balanced diet every day. It just doesn’t happen in the world we live in, so if I use a little bit of a multivitamin as a backup, I think that’s a great idea. [email protected] Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Mindy Musselman: Website |Email |Instagram | Twitter
- Emily Frisella: Website |Email |Instagram | Twitter
- Food In Session: Website | Podcast |Instagram |Facebook
- The Fresh Farmhouse Kitchen: Clean-Eating Comfort Food by Emily Frisella
- The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss by Jason Fung, MD
- Food In Session Episode 63: Intermittent Fasting FYI
- Food In Session Episode 60: Navigating the Supplement Store with Brian Teach, National Sales Director at 1st Phorm
- Food In Session Episode 40: The Keto Conversation with Andy Frisella and John Gorman
- Stryve Jerky
- Brian Teach
- My Macros+ App
- MyFitnessPal App