Featuring: Dr. Eric Farmer
Too often, entrepreneurs put so much time and energy into their businesses that they forget to live their lives. This is a common problem among dentists, as well, and today’s guest is here to shed light on the root of this issue and how to avoid falling victim to this “achievement mindset” so you can live a balanced life.
Dr. Eric Farmer is a mentor and teacher for dentists across the world, and with over 20 years of experience in the field, he offers valuable insight into the true meaning of contentment and fulfillment. Listen in to hear the important lessons he learned throughout his career, what people tend to misunderstand about success, and his advice for young dentists who want to live a life that inspires others.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What We Covered:
- Why Eric decided to pursue ministry after 12 years in dentistry.
- What gave him the confidence to stick it out as a dentist.
- Common misconceptions about success and fulfillment.
- The problematic mentality that leads people to chase achievements.
- What Eric wishes existed in the dental society.
- Important lessons he has learned in his time away from the office.
- The parallels between diving, dentistry, and photography.
- Advice for younger dentists to find balance in life.
- The important distinction between giving your presence and giving your presents.
- What a “shoefie” is and how Eric came up with that style of expression.
- How Eric’s journey from being a single-tooth dentist to a comprehensive dentist changed his career and the lives of his patients.
- What made the biggest impact on the success of his practice.
- The benefits of living a life that is encouraging to others.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
There is no job—especially dentistry—that is all rainbows and unicorns. I love what I do, brother, but at 5:00, I’m ready to come home. - @ericfarmer Click To Tweet I learned not to feel guilty about taking time away. [email protected] Click To Tweet If you want to be tremendously successful, with your patients liking you and trusting you, make them feel important. [email protected] Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Dr. Eric Farmer: Website | Email | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- “Watering the Flowers: How to nurture the demand for complete dentistry” by Dr. Eric Farmer
- Clinical Mastery Series