Featuring: David Meltzer, co-founder and CEO of Sports 1 Marketing
It’s easy to fall into the trap of trying to live up to other people’s expectations of you, especially when those people are the ones you love most. But the truth is that even those who truly want the best for you don’t always give the best advice, a lesson my guest today learned as he forged his own path to success and happiness.
David Melzer is the CEO of Sports 1 Marketing—a firm he co-founded with Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon—the bestselling author of Connected to Goodness, and the host of Entrepreneur’s The Playbook podcast. A Forbes Top 10 Keynote Speaker and Variety Magazine’s Sports Humanitarian of the Year, David joins this episode to share key insights he uncovered throughout his amazing career. Listen in to hear how he became a millionaire just nine months out of law school, how hitting rock bottom turned out to be a good thing for him, and the daily habits that will set you on the path to a successful and happy life.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What We Covered:
- The problem with following others’ expectations and “doing the right thing.”
- Four habits that will lead to success and happiness in life.
- What David says led to his early success.
- How he lost everything—and why that was the best day of his life.
- What he says created a separation between himself and goodness.
- How people truly communicate.
- Where most sales pitches fall short.
- David’s definition of happiness.
- What he says is the key ingredient to making everything better.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
I’ll get to where I’m supposed to be, but not how everyone else thinks I’m supposed to get there. - @davidmeltzer Click To Tweet By limiting our point of entry, we limit the amount that we can have, and then we resent other people because we’re getting exactly what they want for us. [email protected] Click To Tweet Live your life in gratitude. It’ll make your past better, your present even brighter, and your future even further and brighter than that. [email protected] Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- David Meltzer: Website | Podcast | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- Connected to Goodness: Manifest Everything You Desire in Business and Life by David Meltzer, with Harrison Lebowitz
- Sports 1 Marketing
- Elevator Pitch
- Aroma Couture
- Matt Higgins
- Chris Gardner
- The Pursuit of Happyness